Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 8 Ribs, Beans, and a Salad








Carl

This week was "GOOD" not great but "good". We messed up on a few but for the most part it was good. The salad was to red because of the beets so I wished we had chose a better veggie. The beans turned into "bean soup". Jamie of course said it needed more bacon (she a bacon worshiper). The beef was meaty dad wasn't so sure about not having a sauce on them (I did to, a little). Well can't wait for next week!

Dave

This week we had some guests. We had Daniel Rische and the Ganansia's over. We had a fun dinner. We really scrambled to get things finished. Here is what we did.

We boiled the pork ribs until the meat came off the bones. Carl wanted to cook it the way that Rick Bayless suggested. That is fry it in Lard. My health consious body said no to that. We also soaked the beans for 8 hours and then cooked them. I ended up burning them a little. I wasn't so sure about this recipe because it really didn't talk about the liquid too much. I think I need more specific instructions for this poor brain. Carl did a good job of steaming up the vegtables and making the salad.


Our guests said that they liked the meal. However, I was not so sure about this one. I don't think I will write out any of the recipes this week.


I did eat a piece of poblano pepper raw this week. It was hot. I think I have aquired a taste bud for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment